I have been merrily doing the most tedious task I have done in quite a while. I have been writing down every 20th entry in the Hollis 2007 Directory of PR Practitioners. Amazing to think that EVERY organisation you could think has a PR team - supermarkets, government agencies, associations...Good for job-hunting though!
However, there is a growing number of online/technology-specific agencies. I know, as I went to initerviews with two of them. They seem to be enthusiastic and contradicted the stereotypical view that everything online is 'geeky' and only for 'geeks'.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I had a great one and was extremely busy doing productive activities. My internet at home is dial-up and I was surprised by my level of frustration and helplessness with the situation. I'm obviously pretty dependant on the Internet, and I hated the fact that each web page took minutes to upload and forget the complicated pages on Myspace. Eventually I trekked to my local library to use its broadband. Thank you Surrey Libraries!

1 comment:
I agree, technology PR is a booming business which will only continue to grow. We're all going to have to embrace it.
Post a Comment