I got told this weekend that myself and my other half weren't suited to one another and that we wouldn't last. Instinctively I felt very protective of my other half, but then had a thought. How much are the things people tell you ever actually about you? The person who told me this revelation was, thinking about it, probably just jealous. I have an other half and this person does not. I was single, and now I am not. It wasn't vindictive, but it made me think about how people disguise their true feelings and emotions. Why aren't people just straight to the point. Why didnt this person just say to me, I liked it when you were single and we could both go out and 'pull'. (Of course then the question of, 'am I not fun now?' rears its ugly head).
A different friend went on an animal protest at the weekend, in support of veganism and animal rights. Whenever I hear about such demonstrations of interest I am filled with joy and a rejuvenated hope that people do actually care about more than themselves. Whatever your passion and interest, don't just sit back. Have a view, express a concern, tell someone about it. Negative, positive, ambivalent. (She also met a contortionist, which is surely another incentive!)
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment