Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Childish glee

To celebrate the upcoming Guy Fawkes day, I went to an organised fireworks and bonfire display. As soon as I was starring up at the enormous bonfire I was overcome with childish glee! It was rather overwhelming. I had a toothy grin transfixed on my face for the whole evening. It made me think about the activities that you associate with your childhood. Isn't it amazing how such an insignificant Saturday night event such as a bonfire and fireworks display gave me such internal warmth and comfort. Admittedly I'd had three pints, but I was still filled with memories of sparklers, roasted chestnuts and that overwhelming heat on your face from a roaring bonfire.

I think it's amazing that you can still remember those smells, sights and sounds from x amount of years ago. I suppose you never forget those good times...

No comments: