Monday, March 19, 2007

Interview individuality

Having hada lull in job interviews and job enquiries recently, I have jumped back onboard the job wagon and had two interviews this weekend. It is encouraging to hear positive feedback about my one-year placement and discover knowledge of my degree. Louise Orr's post reaffirms this, suggesting that I am not the only one who is on the hunt for her perfect, first job and that I am also not the only one to have received positive feedback about her experience and degree.

I remember the day I learned of my new status as a BAPR-ite. The overwhelming excitement and pride I felt at hearing I had gained a place on my first-choice course was an amazing experience. I am so glad I came to this university and studied this course, as having done various pr work experience, I am thoroughly convinced it is the industry I want to work in. Knowing this and the respected status of my course and placement, I can only hope that my enthusiasm and personality (which I think is great!) shines through in interviews. I'm sure this is the stumbling point for not only me. On one hand you want to appear the 'perfect candidate', but on the other you want to show your individuality. This is difficult to achieve, but my personal philisophy is that if YOU will shine through however hard you try to mould yourself for the role. But, this is a positive thing. You want to ensure you are working for a company that is right for you and that you are right for. By showing your true colours, I think this can be achieved.

1 comment:

Louise said...

I'm glad the job hunt is going well for you too - It is giving me confidence in my ability not only to complete this year and degree but also to be me in interviews. I agree - In previous years I've often been torn between being who I am and being who I think the employer wants me to be. Being me appears to be working nicely and clearly it is for you too! Good luck veggie PR girl!